Registration with HelpHandz Services
Thank you for contacting HelpHandz Services.
In order to register with us you will first need to send a copy of your CV to: email@example.com. Please ensure you provide your contact telephone number on your CV. We will then conduct an informal telephone interview to discuss your employment history and your requirements to ascertain whether we can assist you. If successful, we will arrange a ‘face to face’ interview at one of our offices to meet you.
At the interview, please ensure you provide the following:
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Please ensure your CV is up to date and provide a FULL work history, please also explain any gaps in your employment history and be sure to include the ages of the children you looked after.
- A photo we can keep – it can be passport sized or one we can cut down to passport size.
- Drivers licence
- Work visa (if applicable)
- Qualifications/certificates to prove your education history, for example, Childcare qualifications, First Aid certificates, etc
- References – please ensure the contact details are up to date to avoid delays in checking your references. Without checkable references, we will be unable to assist you.
- Confirmation of your DBS or Ofsted registration
- Proof of address (utility bill, council tax bill, bank statement etc)
If you are unable to make the interview, please call us on 0208591 9482 to re-arrange.
Please note, interviews are strictly by appointment only.
For directions, please refer to the ‘Contact us’ page of this website.
SAMPLE JOB DESCRIPTION
- General daily care of the children with sole charge Monday to Friday for up to 12 hours a day for a live-in post and up to 10 hours a day for daily. Babysitting and weekend arrangements should be specified for live-in nannies. Normally babysitting is required two nights a week if you live in.
- Duties will include preparing meals, sterilising bottles, preparing feeds etc. Washing, ironing and putting away the children’s clothes, making sure they have appropriate clean clothes available each day. Tidying the children’s bedrooms and playrooms.
- Taking the children to activities during the week. Taking them to school/nursery and picking them up.
- Ensuring the children meet other children for play opportunities regularly.
- Taking the children to the Health Centre for check ups, vaccinations etc and to the dentist when necessary.
- Checking and ensuring that there are sufficient supplies such as bread, milk, nappies, wipes etc for each day, buying items at local shops if necessary, keeping an account of all money spent.
- Organising birthday parties for the children.
- A live-in nanny should have her own private room and either have a separate bathroom or share with the children. If a car is needed one should be provided and the employer should pay tax and insurance. It will be up to the individual employer if the use of the car is extended to out of work hours.
- The salary will vary according to duties, experience, qualifications and how many children are to be cared for. An average live-in wage is from £300 to £500 net per week. Salary is given as a net amount (‘in your hand’) and the employer is responsible for paying Tax and National Insurance.
- Paid annual holiday is usually four weeks, two weeks of your choice and two weeks of the employer’s.
The Nannies are going to get paid.
- Live in: £300 - £500 Weekly
- Live out: £210 - £220 Weekly.